Thursday, February 19, 2009

Season 1, Episode 7

Bam Bam Bam!
BAM! BAM! BAM!
Ramaswamy jumps three inches into the air and looks around the bathroom. Its been exactly five seconds! What is happening? What is that sound? Is the world coming to an end? Did he develop magical powers? Has the bun transformed him within and without?

BAM! BAM! BOOM!
"Ramuuuu! Please open the bathroom ra! Its urgent ra! I can't hold anymore!

"Ayyio! I'm coming. Give me 8 seconds!" Ramaswamy quickly puts on his lungi. He looks at himself in the mirror above the wash basin and wipes off crumbs of the Bun. Nervously, he opens the door. He sees Mollimohanam standing there, sweating and jumping from one foot to the other.

"Thanks macha! I thought I would die only! I had too much cake, you know."

"Molli, do I look any different to you? Or does anything look any different to you? Or does anything seem any different to you?"

"Ramu, if you don't let me get in that bathroom right now there will be onnly one thing different and you won't like that a lot macha. For the sake of Bun please let me in!"

After entering the hall, Ramaswamy looks around to see if anyone is noticing anything different in him. But all he sees is 21 people relaxing after eating up all the cake. He coughs. They all look at him.

"Caught a cold in the loo eh Ramu! Come relax with us. It was such a bun filled party no?"
"I must tell you, the bun used in the cake was so wunnderful ya...I can't have enough of it!"
"Why are you looking like someone put a bun in your face Ramu? Come sit with us no!"
"Ramu! Do you have a spare Bun-iyan? I spilt cococola all over mine."

Ramaswamy stares at them in horror. What is happening? Why are all of them talking about buns only? What is going on?

He races back into the bedroom, dashes into a very tired Molli. "Ayyo Rama! Where are you bunning to so fast!"

Ramaswamy ignores him and runs into the bathroom, and looks at himself in the mirror. He doesn't see anything different. He wails out loud, "My Rama! What happened to me? Why is everyone talking about buns?"

Suddenly, he notices the frog in the basin. He looks at it, it looks at him. He looks at it longer, it looks at him longer. Then he points a trembling finger towards it. "Its you isn't it? I don't know how but you caused all this! Who are you? Why are you doing this to me? Tell me!"

The frog looked at him and laughed. "Muhahahahahahahahahaa!" "croak" "Muhahahahahahahaha!" "I am a representative of Burger Lord, the biggest Burger company in the world!"

"That's not true! MucDunnald is the biggest! Ask anyone!"

"Pah! Will you let me finish? BL has started on the biggest advertising campaign in the history of advertising campaigns. Whoever eats the Bun will start transmitting subliminal messages about the greatness of BL. You were our first test subject, and it worked! Muhahahahahahahahah!"

"But, but, the Bun spoke to me! How...How?"

"You idiot. I'm a ventri-croak-quist. A very rare sub-race among frogs. I can transfer my voice to any object around me! Now listen carefully. Very soon, all your friends will start craving for buns so much that if you do not get them to a BL outlet, they will DIE!"

"Ayyio, ayyio, what do I do? What do I do??"

2 comments: